Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm So Excited!

This past weekend, I attended my ballet class and rehearsal on Saturday. It was pretty much just a normal class. When we started rehearsals for whatever we were doing, my dance instructor, Missy, had us watch a video of the last time her girls danced variations from "The Nutcracker". Just hearing the music from it made me miss dancing in it every Christmas season. So I sat there watching the performance and I had all these memories pass by my mind from almost every divertissement that was being danced. Those were definitely good times.

After Missy showed us the tape, we got up and Missy says, "Alright, Sara, you're going to be dancing the Sugar Plum Fairy variation."

I pretty much almost wet myself, I was sooooo excited! Never ever back at home did I get to dance a good ballet solo. The solos that I dance were the ones from high school, and I really don't think those count since I didn't spend a whole lot of time on them. So anyways, I will be dancing the Sugar Plum Fairy variation on December 9th. I can't wait! I am gonna try my hardest to make it look professional and not some dinky recital thing from school. I want it to look amazing because I get to perform this only once and I don't have any other performances to make up for it.

I'm so excited that I just can't keep in this feeling at all!!!

No comments: